Infrastructure Data Engineer
SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a Software Engineer III(Data Engineering) to join our team to help us build the next generation analytics platform with Apache Airflow, AWS, Kafka, and Snowflake.
- Develop ELT operations using Python, Spark, SqlServer, Snowflake and Kafka with a focus on data extraction from various data sources.
- Design and implement the testing framework for tracking incoming data to monitor data quality and ensure SLAs are being met.
- Design and build infrastructure as code solutions for managing access and configuration across all data systems.
- Document our systems for internal and external stakeholders
- Support business stakeholders, analysts and data scientists on diverse projects.
- Monitor and debug data pipelines running on Airflow.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Deliver quality work on tight deadlines.
- 2+ years of software development experience, preferably working with Python.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
- Good at taking abstract/ambiguous requirements and returning with a software implementation
- High work standards / Meticulous
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Good communicator
- Experience building systems with a framework, ideally Airflow (web frameworks are helpful, too)
- Experience with data manipulation tools like Pandas and Spark
- Experience with test automation
- Experience accessing data via an API
- Working knowledge of Git
- Deployment tools (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Working knowledge of set-based querying (joins, etc…) ideally indexing as well.
- Nice to have:
- Hadoop/Spark experience
- AWS experience
- CloudFormation or Terraform experience
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.