Job Description: Data Scientist
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Data Scientist to support an agency-level team. This program provides targeted threat monitoring and response capabilities requiring analysts to have advanced levels of experience in intelligence, insider threat, and fusion analysis. The selected Data Scientist will employ mathematical and statistical modeling approaches to a wide range of problems within the intelligence domain. Data analysis is aimed at allowing analyst and senior leaders to make actionable decisions. The ideal candidate will need to define problems, build models, and perform analysis to identify alternatives and recommendations to maximize operational efficiency. Create visualizations that tell a story to clearly explain results of analysis describing complex mathematical methods, applications, and results to the client and teammates from technical and non-technical disciplines.
Location: Washington DC
- Active TS/SCI
- BS or MS degree in a Mathematics, IT or related Engineering related field
- Individuals must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience data mining, descriptive and predictive modeling, risk analysis, streaming analytics, anomaly detection, exploratory data analysis, ETL, event log processing, mathematical modeling, graph/network analysis, data visualization, text mining, data access, storage and retrieval
- Individuals must have experience with machine learning, applied probability, and statistical methods and experience with Neural Networks
- Ability to mine and analyze data from a range of sources, including customer transactions, click streams, sensors, social media, log files and GPS plots.
- Ability to unlock valuable and predictive insights that will influence business decisions and spur a competitive advantage.
- Individuals must have experience in pattern recognition and the ability to identify relationships between features.
- Experience with designing and deploying Big Data systems, implementing cloud based architectures
- Experience using applying advanced compute resources (super computers, gpgpu etc) computers to improve efficiency and effectiveness of algorithms
- Experience with Python, Scala, MongoDB, noSQL, ELK, Hadoop (or similar)
- Ability to collaborate and share initiatives in developing & innovating solutions
- Must be inquisitive and do “what if” analysis on data, questioning existing assumptions and processes.
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment where priorities change rapidly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Security+ certification or have the ability to obtain this certification within the 120 days of employment.
- Ability to identify and determine software, services, and process necessary to exact into sustainable cyber solutions.
- Analyzes operational requirements, business needs, and operational data to support the development of applications and high-performance data processing systems
- Performs process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing application architectures, and developing a good understanding of data models
- Strong desire to learn new and emerging techniques and technologies to solve complex cybersecurity related tasks
- Experience working within an Agile and/or Dev/Ops development framework
- Familiar with concepts of big data, big data processing - AWS Cloud Services, Kafka, Storm
- Deploying and managing large-scale Elasticsearch clusters on cloud (AWS) which are highly scalable and reliable including performing Elasticsearch performance and configuration tuning
- Elasticsearch Indexing & Lucene queries
- Ingestion Pipelines, Integration APIs, and provide Elasticsearch tuning/optimizing based on application needs
- Designing and developing highly scalable Data Pipelines that incorporate complex transformations and efficient code
- Docker and deploying all aspects of the ElasticStack in containers
- Monitoring solutions for the ElasticStack Including building and deploying visualizations in Kibana and Grafana
- Experience with Configuration Management and automation technologies preferably AWS
- Familiarity with streaming analytics
- Practical cyber security experience is highly sought after, but not required
- Experience in Data Science relative to data processing, data analysis, and data interpretation
- Experience in Dev/Ops and Dev/SecOps - Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef
- Relevant Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, SANS Certifications, Network +, OSCP etc.
- Support the operational planning and development of cyber threat emulation, cyber hunt, and tactical operations.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.