Junior/ Mid Data Engineer (Remote)
Remote - Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Who we are
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionise the fitness industry and we want your help. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans over 60 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We're a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that is building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners become more successful.
At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We're looking for people that will do the same.
What you will be doing
- Work with an energised, fun, friendly and customer focused cross-functional team
- Use cutting edge Agile & Lean ways of working underpinned by DevOps and CI/CD
- Support data acquisition and use large data sets to solve customer & business problems
Our current technical stack is underpinned by:
What Skills Do I need?
- 2+ years of industry experience in a similar role where you can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong SQL skills and experience with ETL tools
- Experience with/interest in NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of data visualization and business intelligence engines.
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Solid knowledge of Quality and Testing principles.
- Comfortable learning new technologies and systems
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Experience with Looker
- Community involvement with open source contributions
- The chance to work at a fast-growing, remote- first startup in an attractive space, working with a distributed team across multiple locations
- The opportunity to help fitness entrepreneurs improve the health of people worldwide
- Autonomy to make what you will; a team, a product or even just a way of doing things
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- Any support you need to level up your skills - conferences, books, screencasts