Director of Data Engineering
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in over +300 cities. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:This is a senior leadership role for our data engineering team. You will lead a team of talented data engineers to help ensure we continue to scale out our data platform while keeping the team motivated and engaged. You will come from a background of data science or data engineering with experience in leading teams and thrive on seeing your team growing and delivering on impactful projects. You will be familiar with the latest concepts and architectures in data engineering and will have been part of building a large scale, reliable data engineering platform. You will work with the team to set the vision and help Glovo grow globally with data backed decision making.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Put together the long term strategy and org structure for data engineering at Glovo with clear objectives and KPIs and execute on that vision with precision
- Grow, coach and mentor the engineers and ensure people are motivated, highly productive and impactful
- As part of the engineering leadership team, contribute and be part of key decisions that will enable the organisation to grow and for Glovo to be successful
- Collaborate with key stakeholders of data engineering and ensure harmony during execution
- Get involved in technical discussions to help guide teams towards the right implementation
- A degree in computer science or similar discipline
- Substantial experience in a hands on data engineering role as well as management experience leading multiple teams
- Up to date knowledge of concepts in data and software engineering such as data lakes, real time event streaming technologies, microservices, continuous delivery and deployment & observability
- Experience in cloud based platforms and tools such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Strong communication, collaboration and execution skills
- Experience in growing engineering organisations in a hyper growth environment
- Ability to inspire and lead
- Experience in implementing agile practices in large scale organisations would be a plus
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Want to take a peek into what it's like to work at Glovo? Follow us on Instagram and like us on Facebook!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/.
Job tags: AWS Engineering