Data Engineer, Growth
San Francisco, CA
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
The Pinner Performance Marketing team works to bring high quality users to Pinterest via relevant, targeted advertisements on a variety of social media and other advertising platforms. Performance Marketing is an incredibly complex and interesting area of work, bringing together data engineering with complex Machine Learning and other forms of data modeling. These models leverage billions of Pinner signals to target millions of users across the internet. Beyond the purely engineering aspects, it also extends to optimizing creative text and images and deeply understanding the needs of our users. This is a role that will challenge not only your technical skills but also your creative thinking and communication skills due to the wide array of disciplines required to be successful in this space.
What you’ll do:
- Develop scalable and reliable workflows that efficiently process big data
- Build marketing automation that manages media spend across dozens of advertising strategies
- Partner with data scientists on machine learning and statistical models to predict user revenue and retention
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of data engineering experience, preferably in Growth teams
- Strong experience in writing reliable, low-maintenance, and powerful code that may be used by many other engineers
- Desire to understand the marketing/advertising space and learn metrics-driven approach to software development
- Interest in working closely with marketers, designers, product managers, data scientists, and other partners to bring business vision & growth alive