Senior Software Engineer - Data Engineering Experience
Bellevue, WA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
User Experience (UX) is a key component of the Data Platform. We are starting a new effort to create UX that supports data engineers. The new UX will allow data engineers to create, manage and monitor sophisticated data pipelines. In the same spirit of the original Snowflake vision, we will build Data Engineering capabilities and UX that are high performing, elastic, easy to use, and delightful to our users, without requiring administration. We will support a variety of languages that are popular with data engineers, such as SQL, Java, Scala, and Python, and a variety of external data sources.
This is an opportunity for a senior engineering lead to build a new UX that is unique, differentiated and has a significant impact on customer experience. It’s an opportunity to start a new engineering team, which will work closely with Snowflake UX platform and the data pipelines backend team.In the near term, you will help build and lead a team of 3-4 engineers, be responsible for Data Engineering experience, working closely with other engineering teams within Data Platform. In the long run, you will help the team expand into the area of Data Science, such as ML, and Advanced Analytics.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DATA ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE, YOU WILL:
- Build and lead an engineering team of 3-4.
- Lead and drive the design and development of data engineering experience.
- Lead a strong collaboration of a cross functional team, including design, product management, TPM, and other engineering teams.
- Be a strong contributor to the product vision.
- Drive team planning and roadmap development.
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR APPLICATIONS ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years of software development experience, including 5+ years of experience in deep UI application development.
- Extensible and in-depth experience in consumer grade user experience development.
- Experience working with data engineering and/or data science teams.
- Distributed system development experience is a big plus.
- Deep understanding of modern web applications design architecture, good API design patterns, performance and scale.
- Demonstrated technical leader experience, such as being a tech lead or an engineering manager for a front-end development team.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?