Remote - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer with SQL and scripting expertise, a strong focus on details, accuracy, and problem solving, as well as dedication to delivering results. They will be a versatile engineer that thrives working within a fast-moving startup environment and is eager to embrace ownership and accountability.
You will excel at building ad hoc scripts, understand databases and SQL, and is passionate about using cutting edge SaaS technologies. The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Work closely with peer teams as well as our customers to build ad hoc solutions to meet their needs.
- You will be given opportunities to grow in new languages and technologies
- Provide maintenance support for assigned areas of the platform and triage issues to other teams when needed.
- Participate in design discussions with architects and other engineers.
What we look for:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of professional experience using SQL to make bulk data updates
- Experience working in big data and/or data warehouse environments
- Experience with Python, Node.js and similar languages
- SQL expertise (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals (data representation, data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation concepts
- Collaborative, team-based development experience using an agile development methodology.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious.
Big Company Benefits, Startup Lifestyle
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Here’s what you and your family get for helping us build what’s next.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Club Membership
- Health Advocate Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Health Savings Account Flexible Spending Accounts Disability Protection
- Life & Voluntary Life Coverage Voluntary Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is a high-growth, venture-backed SaaS company who is the Experience Platform for the financial services industries. Hundreds of banks, credit unions, and lenders throughout the U.S. use our Experience Platform to create customers for life. We enable our customers to build more human connections by creating relevant, engaging, and meaningful customer experiences.
At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation, and customer success in everything we do. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that we can allow our customers to build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
Simply put, we believe that we are all a part of building something awesome and are committed to creating a world-class team and culture to do it.