Data Scientist IBM Tech Re-Entry
Armonk, New York, US
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their technical careers after an absence from the workforce of 24 months or more. This paid apprenticeship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment.
During your IBM Tech Re-Entry apprenticeship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
Re-Entry hires participate in ~6 month apprenticeships to refresh skills and prepare for transition to full time opportunities. The experience provides personalized technical learning to update and gain additional skills; earning badges and credentials along the way.
Are you interested in state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms? Do you like solving complex real-world business problems? Would you like to be part of the global artificial intelligence and cognitive computing breakthrough? If your answer to all is yes - IBM is the place to build your career!
Chief Analytics Office
Come join our team of Data Scientists in the Chief Analytics Office, Armonk, NY. In this role, you will be part of an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to tackle our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Responsibilities include building innovative analytical models using machine learning and AI, testing and validating models, data gathering and research, fact-based quantitative analysis, interpreting the models in business terms, and communicating findings to business leaders.
Who you are:
• Highly motivated, aspiring data scientist with some experience in data analytics, machine learning or relevant fields from studies and/or previous work experience
• Independent and willing to learn, with good technical and business aptitude
• Thrives on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines (customers and colleagues), while having good verbal and written communication skills.
In order to qualify for this apprenticeship, you must have been out of the workforce for a minimum of 24 months.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• BA/BS or MS in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or related STEM field
• Experience with data analytics, leveraging at least one scripting language (ie Python) or statistical modeling program (ie SPSS or SAS)
• Ability to think strategically about business, product development and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 1+ years of experience in Python, R, and/or SQL
• Experience with data science tools such as NLTK, scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, Spark, TensorFlow etc.
• Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g. VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
• Hands-on experience deploying data-driven analytical models to solve business problems
• Experience with data visualization tools
About Business Unit
The IBM Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Consulting Data Analytics Engineering Machine Learning NLTK NumPy Pandas Python R Research Scikit-Learn Spark SQL TensorFlow