Data Scientist - Post Graduate
Hull, United Kingdom
Posted 7 months ago
Data Scientist, East Yorkshire
Salary Circa £35,500 (DOE)+ Benefits
We think differently. We inspire people to reach their full potential. We are passionate about helping our clients transform their business opportunity online by thinking and acting differently. As specialists in online retailing, we have been using technology to drive better decision making and performance for leading retail brands since 2000 across our suite of products that deliver record-breaking performance across our clients’ campaigns.
About the Role
Data is integral to all products which we offer to our clients. As a Data Scientist, you will be part of a team responsible for maintaining and developing Summit’s proprietary technology; identifying opportunities for improving performance for our clients and ensuring our technology is relevant and fit for purpose. You will need to utilise data from across digital marketing, traditional offline marketing activity, client specific business data and other external feeds.
In addition to research and development, you will also be involved in servicing internal and external consultancy projects, producing client facing insight packs relating to a wide range of data science topics.
A full job description with the detail will be provided, but the role will be approximately split between:
- Product and Technical Knowledge Development: 15%
- Support (to both team and technology): 15%
- Consultancy: 10-20%
- Technology Research and Development: 50-60%
As a Data Science Graduate looking to progress, you will be able to communicate effectively, deliver to deadlines and demonstrate flexibility whilst working in teams to attain common objectives. You will also have:
- A Degree in a strong quantitative discipline such as Maths, Statistics, Computer Science or Physics (further Degree level, or with associated experience)
- Programming experience in R or Python and SQL
- Knowledge and experience of machine learning methodologies.
- Ability to generate robust hypotheses and construct questions in response to uncertain requests from the wider business, developing bespoke statistical models for data analysis
- Ability to articulate complex problems and solutions to a non-technical audience, as this role may involve consultancy projects, producing client facing insight packs relating to a wide range of data science topics
About the Benefits
A competitive base salary is on offer (depending on skills and experience) plus opportunities for progression within an established online-retailing specialist, with the added backing of our parent company TCC Global, a hugely successful and internationally recognised leader in loyalty marketing. Benefits include:
- Workplace pension
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share
- Flexible working
- Health care cash plan
- £250 per year toward an 'Experience for life'
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off every year.
If you are interested in finding out more and becoming a Changemaker, we look forward to hearing from you. During the current climate all interview processes will be online, with subsequent induction and start being based fully from home, before returning to the office. Successful candidates must have and be able to evidence their right to work in the UK. No speculative agency CVs please.
Summit is a Changemaker in online retailing. For 19 years we have worked with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to make more money online. A team of around 80 strong now, our purpose is simple and commercial: to make it more likely that people buy from our clients than anyone else.