Data Science & Engineering Internship, Summer 2021
Houston, Texas, United States
Cognite is looking for its next cohort of high-impact interns. At Cognite, interns are on the front lines of our mission to liberate customers’ silo’d industrial data. We are looking for candidates that are eager to engage challenges within data engineering, data science, and/or front-end development. We expect that interns fill key roles on our dynamic customer projects and work closely with the Cognite Team and our enthusiastic customers to rapidly build and scale their digital transformations. The internship program is intended to expose candidates to the implementation lifecycle of our core product, Cognite Data Fusion, and dependent on your background and interests may include:
- Perform data cleansing and exploratory data analysis
- Prototype and deploy machine learning models
- Build dashboards in Grafana or Power BI
- Establish good relationships with key IT Data Managers and Business Data Managers, to drive long-term adoption of Cognite’s products and services
- Collaborate with our R&D and Product Management teams to turn customer needs into a prioritized product roadmap
- Develop state-of-the-art applications using the latest and greatest technology available
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- **This internship is geared towards students with experience in and interest for Data Science, Data Engineering or both. Depending on your interests and customer needs you will get to work with one area or both over the course of your internship.
Who You Are
- This role is for students within 12 months completing an undergrad/grad degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Petroleum/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering)
- We look for technical competency (github, coding interview, hackerank), drive (self-training / projects) and customer empathy (project experience).
- Ability and eagerness to travel during the internship program
- Teamwork is an important part of the role. You collaborate well, and bring out the best in your colleagues as they do in you.
- Grit and determination to "figure it out" when technology is disagreeable
- Passion for building things that are used by others
- You are excited to learn about the physical/industrial world from real experts (our customers).
- Role to be based in Houston or Austin, TX
What Makes Us Great
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and to learn from mistakes
- Work along side a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join Together@Cognite for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on agility and speed, openness, togetherness, impact, and obligation to speak up
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- FriYay Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
Cognite is a global industrial AI software-as-a-service (SaaS) company supporting the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries around the world. Our interdisciplinary team includes more than 300 of the best software developers, data scientists, designers, 3D specialists, and industry professionals. Together, we have built Cognite Data Fusion, a software package that empowers companies in industries like Oil & Gas, Shipping, and Manufacturing to extract value from data by transforming it into useful information.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Cognite has garnered the attention and partnership of some of the world's top industrial and tech companies, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Boston Consulting Group, Bloomberg, Digital Energy Journal, and Houston Chronicle. Tech5 named Cognite one of Norway’s top scale-ups as part of Tech5 2020 and Technical Ukeblad named CEO, Dr. John Markus Lervik Technology Leader of the Year during the Tech Awards 2019.