Senior Data Engineer & Team Leader
Hi! We are Netguru. We help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. We’re looking for people to join our team and build a culture based on trust, taking ownership, and transparency. We offer a safe, inclusive, and productive environment for all team members. We respect and want to build on our diversity. We are a workplace open to adaptations.
Over the past ten years, Netguru has changed the way people bank, listen to music, learn languages, and rent bicycles. Some of our clients include Fortune 500 companies and startups like solarisBank, Hive, Temi, and more. Netguru works with the largest brands in the world, such as Volkswagen, IKEA, and Keller Williams.
We are a growing team of Machine Learning and Big Data experts. As an industry-agnostic agency, we are like a swiss army knife ready to translate any business problem into a data and machine learning solution. We focus on building our competencies around data warehouses and data lakes, stream and batch data processing, deep learning, natural language processing, computer vision. Together with our product design and software engineering teams, we are a one-stop-shop in delivering Data and ML products with experience in finance, retail and healthcare.
Joining Netguru means:
- Working in an experienced and knowledgeable team, in an Agile environment,
- Growing yourself and people around you - you will give and receive regular feedback in a team of open-minded people that will always have your back,
- Ambitious and verified projects- our clients come from all over the world and from different industries,
- Enjoying flextime and flexplace: adjust your daily schedule to your individual needs, work from the office or from home,
- Working on the best equipment – we will provide you with a Macbook and additional accessories for your computer to make your work even more efficient and comfortable,
How we work:
- We focus on the finance, retail and healthcare sectors with use cases like investment optimization, semi-automated data mapping, lead scoring.
- We conduct internal webinars to share knowledge in the fields of Machine Learning and Data Engineering.
- We’re building an ML-Ops culture within our department and we want to extend that to the Data Engineering area.
- We use AWS and GCP as our cloud providers.
- We encourage our team to share knowledge and experience at external conferences.
- We cooperate closely with the Machine Learning team.
- Leading a team of great Data Engineers, building a culture and communication approach that is suited to the needs of the team.
- Aligning the team’s goals with the departmental strategy.
- Supervising and mentoring the team.
- Coaching and motivation of the team.
- Close cooperation with the Machine Learning team.
- Taking part in expert calls with clients.
- Providing input for client proposals.
- Conducting data audits.
- Creating long-term data strategies.
- Designing and implementing scalable data architectures.
- At least 3 years' practical experience in Data Engineering.
- Experience in preparing data for Machine Learning projects.
- At least 6 months’ experience as a team leader.
- Ability to design and implement complex data pipelines and data infrastructures based on technical specifications for the purpose of collecting and curating data from internal and external data sources.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Proficiency in scripting for automation with Python.
- Knowledge and experience in designing and building DWHs and ETL processes.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience working with relational and unstructured data, for example, PostgreSQL or Cassandra.
- Experience with big data infrastructures (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Flink).
- Experience with at least one of the following cloud infrastructures: AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Knowledge of the Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Willingness to help and mentor other developers.
- Experience with event architectures and message-subscribe systems like Kafka.
- Experience of working with Kubernetes.
- Experience in software engineering – systems design, coding principles, and best practices.
- Experience in Machine Learning.
Perks & benefits:
- Generous private health insurance package with dental care.
- Optional life insurance for you and your family.
- A growth budget for your educational plan.
- Masterbenefit: discounts on car leasing.
- Discounts on Apple products.
- Various internal initiatives: webinars, knowledge sharing sessions, internal conferences.