Lead Engineer, Machine Learning
Big Data team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. Our mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support exploding business, build data and ML pipelines to fuel existing and new business critical initiatives.
We are looking for exceptional, creative and passionate Machine Learning engineers to join our ML and Big Data Team. You will be responsible for building and owning the next-generation of algorithms and systems that would have critical business impact for Poshmark and improve the user experience for our millions of users
- Explore large datasets, research and develop algorithms/models to solve interesting business problems.
- Design and code highly scalable, machine learning applications processing large volumes of data.
- Collaborate with multiple teams - data science, business, engineering and help deliver Machine learning based Data products across the company.
- Develop best practices and tools to enable robust delivery of features
- Design and improve architecture in order to ensure horizontal scalability at all layers
- Strong background in Machine Learning with deep understanding of algorithms and modeling techniques
- 4+ years of overall software development experience with at least 2+ years of industry experience applying Machine Learning to concrete problems
- Great coding skills and strong software development experience with Big Data technologies & Machine Learning frameworks like SparkML, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras
- Understanding of distributed systems, and large scale engineering challenges is plus.
Technologies we use
- Scala, Python
- MongoDB, Redshift, Druid
- Airflow, Jenkins
- Spark, SparkML, Kinesis
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with seven million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) Focus on People to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) Together we Grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) Lead with Love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) Embrace your Weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.