Data Science Program Manager
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store in their city delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world.
The Data Science Program Manager will be supporting all Data Scientists in Glovo to facilitate and ensure the success of Data Science projects while striving for the continuous improvement of the project management methodologies (CRISP-DM, SCRUM, M-TDSP…) and associated tools and techniques as well as the incorporation of good practices specific to data usage and governance in the project management framework. She will be smoothing daily DS operations and removing any blockers to guarantee a day-to-day program management of the DS project schedules, deliverables, and on-time delivery. This person will have an understanding of complex projects and tasks and provide overarching project oversight of all related deliverables.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Supports on project plans including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality assurance.
- Follows project work plans and recommends revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Support project team on day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project
- Manages relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure business requirements are effectively captured and committed to project objectives
- Ensures that impact and changes resulting from projects/programmes are effectively communicated to the business
- Effectively applies methodology and enforces project standards
- Resolves quality and compliance risks and issues, and when appropriate, escalate to Lead Project Manager
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Builds project/programme improvement plans and ensures that project teams provide input
- At least 3 years as a Product or Program Manager in a tech area, preferably new disruptive digital technologies (advanced analytics, ML and artificial intelligence, Big Data, IoT…)
- Leadership skills. You can motivate your teammates to build amazing products and solutions. You’re great at making tough decisions in a sea of ambiguity and keeping everyone on track.
- Practical experience with agile and lean values, principles, and techniques
- Experience running large, cross-functional data, software, or engineering projects and ability to easily communicate status at a moment’s notice
- Skilled at organising people, processes and technical programs of work
- Superb communication and Fluent in English - you have excellent written and verbal English communication skills. You make complex ideas understandable and craft specs that are easy for multiple audiences to consume
- STEM Degree and technical know-how - you have a solid understanding of how data science and ML solutions are made and how it works
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.