Data Scientist - Data Science Team
Posted 7 months ago
At Talkdesk, We disruptive risk-takers don't have a traditional way of doing things and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
We are now looking for a new Data Scientist to join our Data Scientist team. At Talkdesk as a Data Scientist you will be creating the future of customer interactions. You will be tapping into data about human communication to find ways to improve day to day life for everybody who ever needed customer support, i.e., people like you.
- Find and tap new data sources;
- Data preparation, cleaning, and model training and evaluation
- Design and run experiments to improve the Talkdesk user experience;
- Research and develop data driven prototypes for engineering adoption;
- Propose new ways to create value from available data;
- Create statistical models and use them to clearly explain product behaviours and propose improvements;
- Run experiments and tests to validate hypotheses and guide product development;
- Create advanced product features based on predictive models.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or other field with strong modeling background;
- Strong knowledge of statistics and data analysis fundamentals;
- Experience with machine learning and/or statistical analysis techniques;
- Statistical knowledge and proficiency with a statistical analysis tools like R or SAS;
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like SQL;
- Ability to present findings to technical and non technical audiences;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML or H2O;
- Experience with Amazon Redshift/Snowflake; Experience with Amazon Redshift/Snowflake;
- Good understanding of Lambda and Kappa Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks;
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.