Computer Vision Engineer - Autonomous Driving - London
London, United Kingdom
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ridesharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
In London, Lyft is working on accelerating autonomous driving using ridesharing data. This data enables us to tackle some of the hardest problems in self-driving, from building accurate and up-to-date 3D maps, to understanding human driving patterns, to increasing the sophistication of our simulation tests by having access to rare real-world driving situations. By leveraging this data, Lyft is uniquely positioned to develop safe, efficient, and intuitive self-driving systems.Responsibilities:
- Work with other Computer Vision and Machine Learning engineers on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Leverage data derived from one of the largest rideshare networks in the world to accelerate autonomous driving technology
- Work on distributed machine learning and computer vision systems that process and transform large quantities of data
- Develop cutting-edge machine learning detectors, models, and algorithms operating on visual data
- BSc / MSc / PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Extensive experience in one of Go / Python / C++
- Experience writing testable, modular code for safety-critical systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Sensor fusion
- Object tracking
- 3D reconstruction
- Optical flow
- Depth estimation
- Multi-view geometry
- Experience using OpenCV or other computer vision libraries
- Private health insurance, income protection, and life assurance benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme option to purchase a bike and accessories tax free
- Unlimited holiday
- 9 bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your Recruiter if you wish to make such a request.