Data Engineer - Fans First (Boston)
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help support and grow our products that help artists engage off-platform with their biggest fans. We want to optimize tools and bring Spotify's global scale to allow artists to reach their fans at all reaches of the world, all while gaining valuable insights to help continually improve our products.
What you’ll do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in cross functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- You are comfortable being flexible on a small team, occasionally crossing disciplines to contribute on the backend (Java/apollo micro-services).
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java or Scala.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You have professional experience working in a product-driven environment.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams.
Job tags: Cassandra Distributed Systems Hadoop Java ML Scala Spark