Data Science Analyst - Consumer
London, England, United Kingdom
YelpCome join us to help millions of people connect with local businesses on Yelp. Come as you are and become who you want to be.
The Consumer Data Science & Analytics team focuses on the people side of these interactions, harnessing the power of this data to understand and optimize Yelp’s user experience. We design and run experiments, build tools, and lead meaningful analyses that influence Yelp’s consumer product and business strategy.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages creative solutions to problems. All new engineers deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we’re all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
This opportunity requires you to be located in the United Kingdom.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Lead broad analytics projects core to Yelp’s business, communicate key insights to decision makers, and help product leaders uncover new opportunities.
- Manage tight deadlines and quickly iterate analyses to answer unstructured business questions, deliver actionable learnings, and make strategic recommendations.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to define, log, and track Yelp’s key product metrics and an opportunity to create new initiatives.
- Generate dashboards and automate reports that empower teams across the organization to make data-driven decisions.
- Grow and maintain impactful relationships with stakeholders of both technical and non-technical backgrounds with clear and frequent communication.
- Support consumer experimentation from initial design to synthesizing learnings from experimental results.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Critical thinker, team player, and excellent communicator who takes pride in telling stories with data.
- A knack for communicating quantitative results to a broad audience through writing and compelling data visualization.
- BA/BS or graduate degree in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, etc.).
- Several years of quantitative industry experience, ideally within the consumer product space.
- Excellent SQL skills, fluency in Python, and experience with at least one statistical package (R, Pandas/NumPy/SciPy/statsmodels).
- Extensive experience with at least one data visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, Mode, Looker).
- Solid understanding of statistical inference and experimental design.
- Familiarity with financial modeling and advanced statistics (regression, non parametrics, predictive modeling).
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- Public transportation season ticket loan.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Analyst - Content Strategy & InsightsBigQuery Data strategy Finance Mathematics Nonprofit Python R +5
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Home office stipend Parental leave +2
TEAM LEADER – DATA ANALYTICS, MICROELECTRONICS (MEMS) SENSOR DEVELOPMENTAutonomous Driving Big Data Data Analytics Engineering Finance Git Hadoop +7
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs