Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Location: Atlanta, GA (hybrid)
Next Insurance is a fast-growing tech company based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we are proud to have achieved a company valuation of $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We are looking for a driven software engineer to help us build cutting edge internal products. As an experienced innovator partnering with the growth and underwriting teams, this is a massive opportunity to help drive profitable growth.
You will be joining an innovative division of NEXT based in Atlanta: Data Labs. The mandate of Data Labs is to build software and data solutions that meaningfully impact marketing, funnel, risk, and servicing/claims experiences.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What You’ll Do:
- Empower our team of data scientists to rapidly develop and deploy ML solutions.
- Leverage software engineering best-practices to create and deploy data-intensive and machine learning inference products.
- Understand the data and dig deep to extract actionable insights.
- Think creatively and outside the box to answer desired experimental questions as well as exposing opportunities to create business value.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, engineering, product, senior management, and external partners.
What We Need:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in the complete software development life-cycle.
- Strong command of Python and the standard web development frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, FastAPI)
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining rigorous CI/CD processes and unit and integration testing for a web service ecosystem
- Fluency with database technologies, SQL, and Python data packages (e.g., numpy, pandas, dask, pyspark, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience taking ideas from concept phase through implementation.
- Demonstrated experience deploying, maintaining, and monitoring models and applications to a cloud environment using tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering best-practices, such as Test-Driven Development and continuous integration/deployment pipelining, (bonus points for experience with GitLab)
- Experience with ML-oriented data pipelining tools (dbt, Airflow, Prefect, DVC, etc.)
- Preferred 2+ years of experience in the insurance industry (strong fintech/lending experience will also be considered)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas from a top university
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer - Revenue PlatformsBig Data Computer Science Data pipelines Engineering PhD Pipelines Python +2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +1
Lead Data Engineer, Machine Learning SystemsAirflow AWS Data Analytics Databricks Docker Engineering Kubernetes +9
401(k) matching Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Conferences +10
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs