QA Developer, Machine Learning Platform
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.QA Developer, Machine Learning Platform
Job location: our office in Toronto, Ontario
About the team
The Quality Assurance team within the Machine Learning Platform department oversees the testing strategies and validation efforts across multiple development teams. In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with people from various teams including Product Management, Application Development, Machine Learning Engineering and Platform Development. You will use your superb troubleshooting and analytic skills to ensure timely releases with highest quality possible, through manual and automated tests. Ideally, you are passionate about delivering in a fast-paced environment and learning new things.
What you will do
- Build, automate and maintain QA environments.
- Write test plans, develop testing strategy, create test cases and build test harness/framework for our data science platform.
- Collaborate with developers, product manager and other QAs to standardize and enforce QA process and test coverage.
- Review product requirements and identify gaps and conflicts with the existing system.
- Log defects and work with developers to troubleshoot and verify fixes.
- Report quality status and escalate issues effectively.
What we are looking for
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with ETL testing and data validation.
- 5+ years professional experience in software testing and/or automation role.
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL databases.
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies and processes in agile development environment.
- Experience in writing test cases from business and technical requirements.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Ability to work in *nix environments.
- Experience working with Azure, AWS and/or GCP is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent program.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org