Senior Data Scientist - Developer
Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, LT
In the Information Age, data is the most valuable resource. If you can describe yourself as the powerful combination of data hacker, analyst, communicator, and advisor, our Data Specialist position is the right one for you. As a savvy liaison for our teams, you will create solutions and provide actionable insights that shape the future of our business.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Currently IBM CIC Baltic is hiring Experienced Data Scientist / Developer. In this role you will build a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.). You will apply knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Education in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics).
- Coursework in mathematics, statistics, machine learning, and data mining
- High level of comfort with various data types and structures: structured versus unstructured data, or static versus stream data.
- Extensive prior experience in integrating data, profiling, validating and cleansing data.
- Well versed/ good understanding of programming languages like Java/Python in order to generate derived data
- Experience of working within an Agile environment
- Strong understanding of algorithms and advanced data structures
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and customer relationship skills
- Multivariate statistical and machine learning algorithms, such as Principal Component Analysis, discriminant analysis, linear and logistic regression, k-nearest neighbors, classification and regression trees, neural networks, etc.
- Strong consulting skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience of applying advanced analytics and predictive modeling techniques
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in applying data mining and machine learning techniques in a professional context
- Proficiency in statistical tools like SAS, R, SPSS
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, PIG and relational databases and SQL
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Data Mining Economics Engineering Finance Hadoop Java Machine Learning Python R Research SQL