Big Data Architect
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Big Data Architect, you are responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams, savvy Big Data / ELK Specialist to join our growing team of analytics experts.
You will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
You will be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. You will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Architecting Large Scale Big Data/Analytics solutions.
- Architecture/Design Patterns for Big Data and Cloud systems
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Responsible for defining the Build and Manage part of Hadoop solutions
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10+ years of overall IT experience
- Expertise in architecture, Build and Troubleshooting Hadoop experience on Cloudera and Hortonworks Distribution
- Experience in architecture and troubleshooting skills on tech stacks HDFS,HIVE, Mapreduce, YARN,IMPALA,SPARK,HBASE,KMS,HUE, OOZIE, SENTRY
- Proficient in Performance optimization knowledge of Hadoop platform along with core activities like Cluster Setup/Upgrades/Operations
- Hands on experience with ON prem and cloud deployments
- Validated experience in scripting, automation, deployment, set up and installation, trouble shooting and fixing issues across platforms
- Solid understanding of Linux capabilities to take up platform build activities & OS level troubleshooting
- Prior experience in scripting knowledge on Python/Scala (or) Shell scripting along with knowledge on CI/CD tools like Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Splunk
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good to have experience in AWS/Azure, NoSQL Database
- Cloudera Certified Data Engineer (CCP) Certification is preferable
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Big Data Consulting Hadoop HDFS Linux NoSQL Open Source Python Scala Spark