Source to Pay Data Analyst
Budapest, Budapest, HU
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Have a general understanding of relevant data fields from IBM’s Procurement and Accounts Payable source data that build the Source to Pay business processes;
- Interpreting business requirements and defining acceptance criteria to the technical teams;
- Providing application/interface support and maintenance
- Understanding key business objectives and market information sources
- Cataloging information sources to databases and presenting findings
- Providing competitive analysis of operational data and performance metrics
- Contributing to the requirements breakdown and workload sizing of business requirements to technical teams;
- Able to advise on how calculations are generated for business process measurements and KPIs;
- Participating in diverse Agile ceremonies (e.g. daily standups, showcases, retros) to discuss status of project activities, actions, tasks and blockers;
- Advise on test cases and test solutions for data and analytics solutions;
- Evaluating data sources to ensure the procurement team has optimal access to the right level of information
- Leveraging Watson Analytics platform solutions to deliver procurement insights
- Continuous learning on analytics trends, third party research, and best practices
- We believe in working in Agile teams and practice Agile ceremonies
- We put a lot of focus on team spirit, mutual respect, and a positive atmosphere
- Our senior developers are happy to help you grow
- We welcome new ideas and encourage knowledge sharing
- You can Learn and understand the architecture of different business applications
- IBM is a well-established, prestigious place to work
- You can use our state-of-the-art software solutions for your daily work
- You can work in a truly multinational environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with business analytics (SQL, relational DB);
- Experience with Agile;
- Experience with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal English;
- Teaming and collaboration;
- Flexibility/adaptability to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility to undertake non-routine requests
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and process-oriented thinking
- Ability to communicate, organize, prioritize and work under own initiative
- Familiarity with the Market Research industry and key tools and services
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Accounts Payable and/or Procurement processes;
- BS degree in Finance, Business, Statistics, Marketing or related field
- Experience with Datastage or Python or IBM Cognos Analytics
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Finance Marketing Python Research SQL