Senior Data Scientist, Airbnb for Real Estate
San Francisco, CA
What is Real Estate at Airbnb?
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is vacation homes . However this is actually a small segment of the residential housing, the majority of the market is apartment homes. The Real Estate team’s mission is making these apartment homes more accessible for hosting on Airbnb. We do this by working with and supporting the owners, operators, and residents of these apartment homes. We also support professional hosts who partner with real estate operators to offer host stays in otherwise unutilized space.
On the Real Estate team, you can have a significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. Whether you are working on one of our big bets or helping improve an established area of the business, you will be on a small team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, the Real Estate team is a great place to launch your Airbnb career.
We are a small, entrepreneurial group within Airbnb. We move fast, and are passionate about our customers. We value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world.
As a Data Scientist working on Real Estate, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers, designers, as well as sales and operations people to build the systems necessary to grow bookings within multifamily buildings. A focus will be on how advanced revenue management algorithms can assist growth. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building our data infrastructure and analytics capabilities.
Some of the challenges you will face:
- Defining and evaluating key metrics and understanding what moves them and why
- Lead the analytics of our revenue management project. Innovating on algorithms for predicting the pricing and pacing to achieve optimal revenue on the Airbnb platform
- Communicating analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Empowering the team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- 6+ years industry experience developing machine learning models at scale from inception to business impact. Proven ability to tailor your solutions to business problems in a cross functional team.
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, such as classification, clustering, optimization, deep neural network and natural language processing.
- Strong programming skills (Python, R preferred).
- Versatility to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Data analytical and data engineering experience is a plus (Hive, Presto, Spark preferred).
- Experience with long term stay or short term stay revenue management methodologies is a plus.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status