Sr. Data Engineer, Customer Service
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Senior Data Engineer - Customer Service
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the home space, this team treats data as an asset and establishes how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
What you'll do:
- This is a highly impactful and strategic position aligned to support the growth of our Customer Service organization.
- Architect and build the core data layer for the strategic business unit.
- Responsible for driving the Wayfair Customer Service Transformation and instrumental in building out our underlying data layer that will ensure Wayfair captures everything involved in the customer experience both on-site and during a support call/chat.
- Capturing the full life cycle of an incident, what that incident entails, and ultimately the resolution.
- Design the optimal data architecture for our Customer Service Foundational & Curated Data Layer.
- Build, schedule, and manage data movement from application origin through batch and streaming systems to make it available for key business decisions.
- Develop a robust, sustainable plan for the data area going forward, including projecting space requirements, procuring technology, and partnering with engineering on improvements to the data, 100TB+ highly desired.
- Ensure data products are aligned with the rapidly evolving needs of a multi-million-dollar business.
- Provide consulting to application and data engineering organizations on best practices for designing applications to enable easy analytics; be an expert on large-scale data processing.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of data engineering experience and true expert in big data technologies.
- Comfortable working with datasets of varying latencies and size and disparate platforms.
- Excited about unlocking the valuable data hidden in inaccessible raw tables and logs.
- Attentive to detail and with a relentless focus on accuracy.
- Excited to collaborate with partners in business reporting and engineering to establish the source of truth of key business metrics.
- Familiarity with distributed data storage systems and the tradeoffs inherent in each one.
- Skills Required: Data modeling, extensive experience with SQL, Python, and exposure to cloud computing (Google,AWS or Azure ).
- Experience with one or more higher-level JVM-based data processing tools such as Beam, Dataflow, Spark or Flink.
- Experience designing and implementing different data warehousing technologies and approaches, such as RDBMS and NoSQL, Kimball vs. Inmon, etc. and how to apply them.
- Experience scheduling, structuring, and owning data transformation jobs that span multiple systems and have high requirements for volume handled, duration, or timing.
- Prior projects working with optimizing storage and access of high volume heterogeneous data with distributed systems such as Hadoop, including familiarity with various data storage mediums and the tradeoffs of each.
- Prior data infrastructure experience in support of a Service driven organization is a plus but not essential.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline fields with a strong academic record.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer - Revenue PlatformsBig Data Computer Science Data pipelines Engineering PhD Pipelines Python +2
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +1
Lead Data Engineer, Machine Learning SystemsAirflow AWS Data Analytics Databricks Docker Engineering Kubernetes +9
401(k) matching Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Conferences +10
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs