Supplier Master Data Analyst
Durham, North Carolina, US
The Finance & Admin Business Analyst is essential to the ongoing profitable operations for one of the most globally recognized and respected companies in the world. By overseeing our financial activities, you will enable IBM to continue to bring to market ground-breaking innovations such as Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure, and Blockchain technologies, to name a few.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is responsible for managing and maintaining supplier tax and banking information. The resource in this role will also be responsible for follow up actions related to the maintenance of the supplier record with appropriate stakeholder.
- Analyze IRS Documentation & Supporting Documentation to determine appropriate Tax Withholding and for vendor setup
- Interpret and verify supplier banking documentation and input appropriate details into supplier record.
- Timely responsiveness to all supplier and stakeholder inquiries
- Maintain Supplier Maintenance benchmarks on accuracy and timeliness
- Provide excellent SMD customer service for all customers (both internal and external).
- Provide timely support and training for user groups who experience issues with vendor requests when handling Customer Service role or as needed.
- Ensure critical/expedited/prompt requests receive priority
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 2-yr college degree with 9-12 hours of business and finance coursework AND / OR 2-3 years of relevant experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel).
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to interpret information and translate into required system fields
· Proven collaboration and teamwork skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Prior SAP & Oracle knowledge a plus
· Knowledge of IRS W9 and W8 forms is a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Banking Consulting Finance Oracle Research