Senior Applied Scientist
London, England, GBR
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
The Audiences program within Amazon Advertising is responsible for helping advertisers advertisers gain insights about their customers, and then create targeting audiences to reach out to these customers with relevant marketing campaigns. We have an opening for a Senior Machine Learning Scientist who is passionate about applying advanced ML and statistical techniques to ensure that targeted ads exceed a high relevancy bar, both for customers and advertisers.
You will work in an agile and fast-paced team of scientists and software engineers at our development center in Edinburgh, Scotland and our head office in London. As a scientist on the team, you will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and scientific research, through to development and deployment of advanced models - giving you a real sense of ownership. From day one, you will be working with experienced scientists, engineers, and designers who love what they do.
This role requires a pragmatic technical leader comfortable with ambiguity, capable of summarizing complex data and models through clear visual and written explanations. You will have experience with machine learning models and information retrieval systems at scale. Additionally, we are seeking someone with rigor in applied sciences and engineering, creativity, curiosity, and great judgment.
We place a high emphasis on team spirit and collaboration, while providing the required support needed for succeeding in the role. This role offers an excellent opportunity to grow your technical and non-technical skills and make a real difference to the Amazon Advertising business. If this sounds like you, come join the Audiences team at Amazon!
We support domestic and international relocation. We offer a highly competitive salary and strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team.
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Master's degree with applied research experience
- Experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Statistics, or related quantitative field.
· Experience applying statistical techniques to solve real business problems.
· Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
· Proficiency in an object-orientated programming language (C++, Java, C#, C, Perl/Ruby, etc.)
· Proficiency with mathematical programming environments (R, Matlab, Numpy/Scipy, SAS, etc.)
· Programming skills sufficient to extract, transform, and clean large (multi-terrabyte) data sets in a Unix/Linux environment.
· Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
Preferred Qualifications· Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist - B2B MatchingAgile APIs Classification Computer Science Deep Learning Docker Git +11
Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance Medical leave +2
Machine Learning Scientist - PPCAirflow Big Data Classification Computer Science Data visualization Engineering GCP +15
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Health care Travel
Research Scientist Automated Driving - Behavior Planning for Automated Driving (f/m/div.)Agile Computer Science Deep Learning Engineering Machine Learning Mathematics PhD +6
Career development Conferences Flex hours
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs