Data Engineer - Personalization
New York City
SpotifyWe grow and develop and make wonderful things happen together every day. It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from, what you look like, or what music you love. Join the band!
Spotify is looking for a Data Engineer to join the team! You will build data driven solutions to bring music and media experiences to hundreds of millions of users and creators by matching fans with creators in a personal and relevant way. You will seek sophisticated data problems using some of the most diverse datasets — user behaviors, acoustical analysis, revenue streams, cultural and contextual data, and other signals across a range of mobile and connected platforms. Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences art!
What You'll Do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scio, Flume, and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Deliver scalable, testable, maintainable, and high-quality code.
- Demonstrate standard methodologies in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Facilitate and drive collaboration with engineers, product managers and partners to seek exciting and results-oriented user-centric data problems.
- Share knowledge, promote standard methodologies, making your team the best version of itself through mentorship and constructive accountability.
Who You Are
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra. Ideally you have also built innovative solutions that address current limitations of these technologies.
- You have used one or more high-level JVM-based processing frameworks such as Beam, Dataflow, Crunch, Scalding, Storm, Spark, or something we didn’t list- but not just Pig/Hive/BigQuery/other SQL-like abstractions.
- You have proven understanding about data modeling, data access, and data storage, caching, replication, and optimization techniques.
- You have worked in a cloud-native (GCP preferred) development and production environment where all CI/CD take placeYou care about agile software processes, data development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams.
- You are comfortable with asynchronous communication, being able to work independently while always sharing context with your team members.
- You care about shipping product, agile software processes, reliability, and focused but fast experimentationYou love your customers even more than your code
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them! This team contains a mix of members who work in the NYC office, the Boston office, and remote from home or coworking locations.
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas or European regions in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate between the Eastern and Central European time zones for collaboration.
- Prefer an office to work from home? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Scikit-learn-related jobs