Palo Alto, CA
(Local or Remote)
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing Analytics team. You will be a foundational hire to help deliver a scalable, maintainable, and agile infrastructure environment to deliver value to Point internal customers. You will interface with a wide variety of stakeholders from across the business to help them deliver on their data needs. The ideal candidate is able to deal with multiple priorities, manage stakeholder expectations, and make decisions on how to most effectively deliver the right data at the right time. Our data & analytics needs are ever increasing, and this role will be pivotal in accelerating our analytics program.
- Create and maintain Apache Airflow data pipeline jobs.
- Monitor and update Fivetran extract and load runs.
- Create and govern dbt models, testing, and job runs.
- Monitor and maintain S3 data files.
- Own, manage, and govern Snowflake data warehouse, including permission grants.
- Maintain and govern usage of data sent from Snowflake to source systems (“Reverse ETL”).
- Collaborate with stakeholders to maintain and monitor existing data pipelines.
- Evaluate automation opportunities within the business, using available data tools.
- Make data set and tooling recommendations where appropriate.
- Provision data sets for analytic, master data, and reporting use cases.
- Create and maintain BI visualizations.
- Create and deliver data quality tooling and reporting.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured datasets.
- Experience building processes to support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering or analysis role.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, another quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- An ideal candidate will have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with relational SQL databases, such as Postgres or SQL Server.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Prefect, Dagster, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, VPC, RDS
- Experience with cloud data warehouses: Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages, such as Python.
- Experience using version control and continuous integration tools to deploy code.
“Point provides the opportunity to stabilize your financial situation without adding costly monthly payments.” - Homeowner in Burlingame, CA
Here at Point, we’re helping homeowners unlock the equity in their homes without taking on further debt. With an investment from Point, homeowners can de-leverage and diversify their wealth, freeing them up to invest in their business, renovate and maintain their home, eliminate debt, and tackle all of life’s expenses from college tuition to medical bills. Our equity investment product is an advantageous alternative for homeowners and investors alike. When partnering with Point, investors now have access to a brand new asset class - homeowner-occupied residential real estate. Point is the first fintech product that is truly aligned with consumers’ interests - when the homeowner does well, Point and its investors do well.
As a consumer fintech company, we embed integrity, transparency, and trust into everything we do at Point, including how we work. Whether you’re a homeowner, investor, employee, or candidate, it’s people who power our business. We keep the human experience top of mind.
Experts at work
We’re on a mission to help the 23 million equity-rich, but cash-constrained Americans tap into their home’s wealth. To do so, we have experience and expertise in all areas of the business, especially at the helm. Point’s leadership have previously founded TrialPay (acquired by Visa), Yub (acquired by Coupons.com), Metails (acquired by Buy.com), SiteAdvisor (acquired by McAfee), Affirm, SendGrid (acquired by Twilio), and TXN (acquired by Envestnet).
Championed by the best
Point announced its $115M Series C led by WestCap in May 2022. To date, we’ve raised over $170M from leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Prudential Financial, DAG Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Greylock, and SV Angel.
PERKS AT POINT
Point provides platinum-rated plans for medical (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente), dental and vision (The Standard). We cover 99% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent premiums.
Take time for yourself and your family when you want - Point has an unlimited vacation policy.
We encourage all team members to attend events hosted by our investors, external workshops and conferences. We believe in continuous improvement and want to support employees on their professional journeys.
Point will top off California PFL earnings to full salary for up to eight weeks, as well as two weeks of fully paid leave to be available after exhaustion of CA PFL. An employee can take reasonable vacation time in addition to the California PFL leave.
Work From Home Stipends
With employees working remote, Point will provide employees a $50 monthly cell phone stipend and a $50 monthly internet stipend. In addition, we will reimburse up to $150 to help you purchase supplies for your home office.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Engineer, Lead - Remote (LA)Airflow Athena AWS Big Data Classification Data analysis Data Mining +16
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity +8
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Remote jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs