Enterprise Data and AI Domain Architect - Edmonton
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
ATB FinancialBig life events can trigger big banking changes. Whether you’re starting university or planning your retirement, we’ve made it easy to find the accounts and resources you need.
Our bottom line is different.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our clients.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
Job Number: REQ4826
Location: Anywhere in Alberta #LI-Remote
Apply by: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Pay Grade: M-OTH
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: John Hynds
ATB Financial is seeking a Data and AI Domain Architect who can work with a team of domain and solution architects to design and support our data lake and ecosystem.
This role will be part of the Enterprise Architecture team, and is a key contributor to the implementation of ATB’s highly secure and reliable Data, AI, RPA and BI Platforms and solutions. The successful candidate will play a lead role in the delivery of Data and AI projects and programs driving strategic outcomes within ATB Financial.
- Participate in developing the data and AI domain strategy and roadmap.
- Lead and support the development of Data and AI domain models.
- Provide architecture and domain expertise to advise and guide business leaders.
- Contribute to the development of architecture standards and guiding principles.
- Develop and maintain reference architecture models and artifacts.
- Support the assessment and optimization of the current architecture for scalability and performance.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and other domain architects, such as cloud, integration, and security, to ensure solutions follow organization standards, principles and practices.
- Develop conceptual and logical design of the enterprise data models, and support the implementation of the physical data model.
- Ensure that data model design and implementation aligns to target state architecture standards and principles.
- Collaborate with business leaders in projects involving enterprise data and AI.
- Participate in RFI / RFP, business cases, and conceptual architecture processes.
- Participate in other enterprise architecture initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of data architecture and modelling experience including strong knowledge of data governance and management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Excellent understanding of the role of data and AI in the enterprise, how it aligns with the other technology domains, and how it enables the organization.
- Current and emerging techniques for obtaining data from a variety of sources.
- Experience in facilitating, sharing and adoption of data architecture best practices through governance councils / committees, with various stakeholders.
- Data analytics including ML/AI and data pipelines.
- Experience working with Big Data ecosystems, data Lakes and data-centric systems, data architecture, data modelling, and database design.
- Working experience with cloud-based architectures and technologies.
- Large scale data management in a complex multi-source, multi-product/ team environment. Exposure to Data Lake governance would be a plus.
- Working with a wide variety of structured and unstructured data.
- Capturing KPIs to measure the performance of the data ecosystem and provide visibility to senior leadership teams.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Provide excellent service, leadership, communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Previous experience with the following is considered beneficial:
- Previous experience in other financial industry technology areas such as Treasury systems, self-service banking channels, etc.
- Familiarity with current and evolving strategies in the management and analysis of financial regulatory data.
- Familiarity with regulations pertaining to data handling in the payments space e.g. Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), PIPEDA and Privacy Act.
- Experience working with and sourcing data from various SAP systems, including S4 Hana, BW, CRM.
- Experience in designing data solutions using the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) stack.
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are what we are looking for, please consider applying!
Interested? If you know one of our team members, BEFORE applying, reach out to them and ask them for a referral link to help your application stand out.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
All ATB Financial team members are required to disclose their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment to help support client and team member safety.
Stay in touch!
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning- Grocery/Retail FulfillmentComputer Science Computer Vision Economics Engineering Excel Machine Learning ML models +9
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +2
Senior Big Data Analytics Architect, Strategic Accounts Solutions TeamAWS Big Data Computer Science Consulting Data Analytics Engineering Perl +4
Career development Conferences Flex hours Team events
Data Architect - Data Lake & Analytics, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +17
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment +1
Data Architect - Data Warehouse & MPP, Oil, Gas, Energy, Professional ServicesAWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing Engineering ETL +13
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment
Sr. Machine Learning Solutions Architect, AWS Startups ML CoreAWS Consulting Engineering Machine Learning ML models Security
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Sr. Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics - Oil, Gas, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena AWS Business Intelligence Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing DynamoDB +10
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs