Data Science Manager, Payments
San Francisco, CA
Airbnb has become a platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities around the globe. To power that community, Airbnb is building a world-class payments platform that currently supports over 190 countries, 70+ currencies, connects dozens of payment providers, and transmits billions of dollars per year.
Our responsibility? Enable safe payments and meet financial regulations. That means knowing who is paying and getting paid, preventing financial crimes, and generally contributing to a healthy global financial ecosystem.
As the Data Science Manager for the Compliance team, you will lead a team of data scientists to enable data-driven decisions and build data products that keep our payments platform safe. Some of the challenges you will face include:
- Be a thought leader creating a world class payments compliance team with your cross-functional partners. Anticipate and detect new fraud trends and regulatory requirements.
- Manage a team of data scientists, hiring top-notch talent, fostering collaboration, creativity and technical excellence, develop team members career
- growth, and maximizing impact.
- Empower the team to make data-driven decisions, define and evaluate key metrics, deliver user-insights to create the best products and lead new launches experimentations.
- Build machine learning models to detect high risk users and financial crime activities such as money laundering.
- 8+ years industry experience in a quantitative analysis role
- 5+ years of management experience in analytics/data science
- Experience in Payments a strong plus
- Fluent in SQL and proficiency in analytical tools such as Python, R, etc.
- Background in statistics and experience with experimentation
- Experience building Machine Learning models
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead seamless execution of it
- Passion for management and creating opportunities for career growth for team members
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status