Onboard Algorithm- Senior Research Engineer, Localization & Calibration
San Diego, CA
TuSimpleAt TuSimple we are using autonomous trucks to pave a better path forward by solving the trucking industry’s most pressing challenges by enabling reliable, low-cost freight capacity as a service while setting a new standard for safety and fuel...
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
This role is located in San Diego, CA. Relocation assistance is provided. Remote option will be reviewed case by case by business.
TuSimple Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking solution. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks has fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago to bring the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple Localization and Calibration team is responsible for sensor calibration and ego localization, one of the most valuable areas in autonomous driving. We seek highly motivated scientists and team leaders to innovate state-of-art algorithms for online/offline sensor calibration and ego localization that meet ASIL level functional safety. You will have the opportunities to access freshly collected data, our large-scale computing clusters, and work closely with other talents in this field in building the next generation of autonomous driving systems.
Role Responsibilities and examples of work
- Explore learning-based solutions in 3D tasks, such as point cloud registration, SLAM, location retrieval, depth/stereo estimation.
- Research and prototype development using deep learning and SLAM algorithms.
- Formulate ill-defined problems with data driven approaches for autonomous trucks driving.
- Lead and collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams to brainstorm and accelerate the development.
Experience & Skills Preferred
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or other related fields.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Strong coding skills in Python and C/C++.
- Solid knowledge of 3D geometry, SLAM, SfM, VO/VIO algorithms.
- Solid knowledge of machine learning, deep learning and robotics.
- Solid understanding and experience of applying deep learning to real 3D problems in the fields of computer vision and robotics.
- Strong publication record at top-tier computer vision or machine learning venues (CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, ECCV).
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training
- Company paid gym membership
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Other jobs like this
U.S. FDA/Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Staff Fellow - Artificial Intelligence/Medical Imaging Device ScientistComputer Science Engineering Machine Learning Mathematics Physics Research Security +2
Career development Equity Health care
Senior Data Engineer, Lead - Remote (LA)Airflow Athena AWS Big Data Classification Data analysis Data Mining +16
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity +8
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Remote jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs