Sr Data Scientist
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation. MURAL’s certified enterprise-class cloud-based infrastructure connects 40 percent of Fortune 100 global enterprises, drawing the support of leading investors from Radian Capital, Gradient Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst and others.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employees over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will:
- Work with Product, Design and Engineering teams to solve problems, identify trends and untap growth opportunities across the user journey.
- Deeply understand how individuals and teams interact within MURAL.
- Identify levers to move key product metrics that lead to product growth.
- Apply statistical models and build machine-learning algorithms to predict people’s behaviour in MURAL.
- Explore and analyze people behavior, product engagement and performance data to suggest fast experiments, features and enhancements.
- Build and maintain key metric dashboards that are used by product teams.
- Present complex Product data using easy to understand data visualization techniques.
- Keep up with the latest trends and methods to unveil insights from the product data
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred.
- You have 4+ years’ experience doing quantitative analysis in a fast-growing Saas or video games company.
- You consider yourself an expert at measuring activation, retention, virality, and engagement in a Saas product.
- You have a proven track record of success as a Data Scientist with hands-on working experience on R, SQL, or Python.
- You prefer to run an A/B test rather than having long discussions on what changes need to be made in the product.
- You have experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop).
- You enjoy finding insights in a sea of information.
- You are experienced in BI and machine learning projects
- You have strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and problem solving attitude.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You love working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Daily lunch at the office
- Health insurance (OSDE 310)
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.