Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer, Medical Devices Software
South San Francisco, CA
VerilyVerily is focused on using technology to better understand health, as well as prevent, detect, and manage disease. Our mission is to bring together technology and life sciences to uncover new truths about health and disease.
Verily is an Alphabet company combining a data-driven, people-first approach to bring the promise of precision health to everyone, every day.
Our team combines expertise in healthcare, data science and technology to improve the health and well-being of our communities. We are developing the infrastructure and solutions to harness the profusion of health information for good. Our data-driven solutions span three primary areas: research, care and innovation. Programs include Project Baseline - our research initiative to increase participation and evidence generation in clinical research; Onduo - our personalized virtual care platform, which includes connected tools, lifestyle coaching and clinical support; and Debug - our effort to reduce the threat of mosquito-borne diseases by combining machine learning with sterile insect technique. We’re also actively working to combat the spread of COVID-19 through new programs like Healthy at Work.
The Medical Devices Software team is building a revolutionary imaging device service platform. This platform uses various kinds of cameras in order to close medical gaps. The imaging system mixes commodity electronics and computer vision and machine learning solutions. As a Machine Learning Pipeline Software Engineer on both our backend/cloud and device software teams, you’ll be working in collaboration with Google/Verily teams to help develop and productionize models and tools for disease diagnosis and treatment determination. Our team supports multiple Verily projects, so this role provides an opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of unique products.
- Be part of the product teams translating advanced ML research into innovative and applied on-device ML Software as Medical Device (SaMD) products, with GPU and TPU technologies.
- Actively participate in scoping requirements, ML pipeline design and development, (on-device) ML model development, evaluation and validation.
- Work as an independent ML software engineer through the entire cycle of SaMD productionisation under regulatory and quality management processes.
- Work closely with data science, UX, hardware, application and software engineers to create highly integrated novel products.
- Collaborate with teammates across the Medical Devices Software organization to advance our development practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field and equivalent practical experience with 3+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of machine learning pipeline experience, familiarity with machine learning model development lifecycle, including study design, data collection and annotation, model development, model validation and rigorous statistical analysis.
- Experience with programming and scientific computation using Tensorflow/PyTorch and Python.
- Willingness to learn/grow, and respectfulness that allows colleagues to do the same.
- Familiarity with GPU-based technologies like CUDA, TensorRT, OpenCV, or ONNX, is a plus.
- Familiarity with building and deploying computer vision and on-device machine learning on bespoke devices. Experience of interfacing with cloud-based computer vision solutions is a plus.
- Experience with cloud deployment technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform or other cloud providers.
- Experience with IoT product solutions is a plus.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Analyst, EngineeringData analysis Data pipelines Engineering FiveTran Looker Pipelines Python +3
401(k) matching Career development Cell phone stipend Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Engineering Manager, Machine Learning - Computer Vision (Remote)AWS CAD Computer Vision Engineering GCP Machine Learning Python +1
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs