Director of Data Science
FLYRAI-powered total revenue management software with forecast, pricing, and commercial optimization tools for airlines, travel, and transportation. Learn more.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportation businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
We are looking for a talented Director of Data Science to grow and lead multiple data science product teams here at FLYR. You will oversee multiple data science product teams powering the expansion of FLYR’s pricing and forecasting to new markets and capabilities.
FLYR’s data science teams are responsible for the development of ML models and data science work to create pricing and forecasting outputs for our SaaS product offerings. Our data science teams analyze data, identify features, select algorithms, and build ML models to achieve product capabilities. Teams ensure model quality by performing feature data quality analysis, model output analysis and developing test suites to verify outputs.
As a director of teams in US and Europe, your primary focus will be scaling out and standardizing processes to ensure consistency in hiring, technology, methodology, and quality of analysis across multiple data science product teams.You will lead your organization to deliver ML solutions that accomplish business objectives across FLYR’s product portfolio. You will also oversee a small research organization that can execute on research projects against future business goals.
This position is based in our San Francisco office location and reports into the VP of Engineering.
We strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- Build and lead a word-class data science organization consisting of approximately 20 to 25 data scientists in the United States, Krakow Poland, and the Netherlands.
- Directly hire managers and senior technical leaders in your organization.
- Manage a team of 3-4 Managers of Data Science as direct reports.
- Lead an organization of data scientists and data analysts and provide mentorship and training and promote success in their career path at FLYR. Lead your teams to deliver ML-based product features on a predictable cadence.
- Define and roll out processes to standardize work done by the teams within your organization.
- Improve the quality of data science work against business goals by defining quality processes and technical work standards within your group.
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineering teams to define a roadmap to support the processes within your organization. You will contribute to software requirements for engineering teams to support Data Science.
- As a technical manager at the Director level, you will contribute to process definition and improvements within the larger FLYR engineering organization.
- Clearly communicate status, blockers, risk and dependencies to peer managers and executive stakeholders.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Experienced people leader. You must have previous experience as a data science or software engineering manager leading a high caliber team. Experience with managing managers is a strong plus.
- You must have experience managing data scientists that built ML models as part of a product or service offering.
- You must have the technical ability to evaluate the quality of the data science work performed by your organization.
- Experience working with engineering leadership to define requirements for software systems and tools.
- Experience in project management of data science work.
- Experience managing distributed teams.
- Excellence in leadership, team building, and people management.
What can we offer you?
- B2B or Regular employment contract
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid model of work
- Work equipment (macOS, keyboard and mouse)
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Training budget
- Many more!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs