Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Palo Alto, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
You will lead the technical design and development of significant system software components critical to L5's fleet-based Autonomy development efforts. You will have hands-on experience with ML and Optimization. You will have a good understanding of how to design or leverage ML Infra and Data pipelines. You will bring deep technical software expertise and the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a larger company with the potential for broad business impact.
This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building new system components to mentoring other engineers. You are an excellent software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, and customer focus.
This is a chance to get in on the early stage of a new effort and help shape the technology, product and impact.Responsibilities:
- 5+ year's overall development experience in Data and ML systems. Production settings preferred
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - PhD in CS preferred
- Proficiency in system design and software development, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Python, C++)
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, interest in product, execution, and drive
- Excellent technical communication skills in presentations, documentation etc
- Experience with mentoring engineers and providing technical leadership in a team
- Bonus for a working knowledge of sensors and sensor properties (cameras, GPS, radars, lidars preferred)
- Previous experience in robotics is a plus, but not required
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.