Data Scientist - Pricing Analytics
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The principle responsibility of the Data Scientist is to develop pricing analytics. This includes having/developing an understanding of the internal IBM pricing processes and how analytic and cognitive approaches can help improve those pricing processes for those who are setting proposal prices.
Persons in this role should be able to:
- Effectively and clearly communicate with others
- Establish effective working relationships
- Have a general fascination with mathematics
- Be able to make presentations to users, managers, and executives that explain and persuade
- Have technical writing skills so approaches and algorithms can be communicated to SW architects and developers
- Project management awareness and organized is essential to progress
The primary teams this person will be working with are the CIO hardware and software pricing development teams, Chief Analytics Office, business stakeholders, and CIO Pricing Analytics team.
The Data Scientist depends on machine learning and artificial intelligence. Someone in this role should be curious and passionate about learning new approaches and working out how they can practically incorporate them into business processes and their supporting applications. A love of math, economics, and algorithms will allow someone to excel in this role.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years Data and computer science, mathematics, machine learning, Python programming, database/SQL, communications & visualization expertise and skills
- 3+ years Excel and visual basic programming
- 2+ years Agile development and product owner (Stakeholder management, gather business requirements, create & maintain the agile funnel of user stories, establish priorities & timetables
- 3+ years Algorithm development, Economic theory, statistics and behavioral psychology
- 3+ years Analytics Visualization (charts, graphs, heat maps, mobile screen designs
- 2+ years Strategy definition and road mapping
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of internal IBM pricing processes from both a seller and financial perspective for both direct and indirect sales channels. [2+ years]
- Effective at giving advice and counsel to negotiate the strategy between multiple business units/organizations and competing priorities.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Economics Engineering Machine Learning Open Source Python SQL