Applied Machine Learning Data Scientist
Mountain View, CA
Come work for a data-driven innovator that’s transforming the healthcare industry. In your role as a Data Scientist - Applied ML, you’ll work closely with clinical, product and engineering teams to conceptualize, build and deploy scalable machine learning models that focus on extracting signals from various structured and unstructured data derived from Livongo devices/applications and drive valuable product solutions that help improve health of people living with chronic health conditions.
This role is focused on better understanding our members and helping them improve their health outcomes across our supported chronic condition suite of products. Projects will involve developing a combination of advanced ML computer vision, signal processing and natural language processing algorithms to extract features that provide for designing improved and measurable care interventions, recommendations and nudges.
- Develop models and strategic solutions that improve member facing ML driven products
- Develop creative machine learning approaches to understand and improve member outcomes
- Explore and identify important signals to better understand our members using data from diverse sources, including hardware and mobile image, audio and text data
- Partner closely with clinical leadership, product management and engineering to improve member clinical outcomes using insights and influencing future roadmaps
- 3+ years applied research experience applying NLP and/or computer vision algorithms to real-world problems in industry
- Solid theoretical grounding in core machine learning concepts and techniques
- Experience building production ML models with eye for scalability
- Familiarity with one or more deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow and Pytorch
- Ability to perform in-depth literature reviews and be on top of various state of the art approaches and how those may translate to efficient and scalable architectures/implementations within Livongo’s platform
- Good team player and ability to share knowledge with a wider audience
- A Master’s degree or higher in computer science or machine learning related degree with focus on NLP and/or computer vision. PhD preferred.
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter. Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. With our growing member base of over 200,000 people with chronic conditions, your work can truly improve lives on a national scale.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.