Data Scientist, Clinical Outcomes
Join the team that’s taking healthcare platforms to a new, digital level. Other companies have medical devices. We have a whole eco-system of digital, interactive, patient-focused chronic care platforms. Your work will help shape Livongo product development strategy and demonstrate value to clients, as we blow out the boundaries for treating patients with chronic conditions.
This cutting-edge Data Science role will leverage your programming and statistical modeling and reporting skills as you develop clinical outcome metrics to quantify the impact of Livongo’s products on patient health. In your role as Clinical Outcomes Data Scientist, you’ll provide the data that helps shape the way we present clinical products to patients. Your results will feed directly into scalable machine learning systems. Through your work, everyone at the company will gain a deeper understanding of clinical outcomes our products impact in order to develop additional program features.
Core attributes that will help ensure your success in this role include a deep understanding of data as it relates clinical outcome measurement, strategies for reporting on clinical outcome metrics to monitor changes over time, strong communication, collaboration and persuasion skills, creative approaches to problem-solving, and the desire to use data for positive social impact.
Leverage your clinical and analytical mind to help Livongo achieve mission-critical objectives and solidify the foundation for future success.
- Collaborate with Livongo Product Managers, Clinicians and Marketing teams to design clinical outcome metrics that can be used to quantify the impact of our clinical products on patient health
- Develop algorithms and metrics, based on analysis and experimentation that combine the world of healthcare research and data science
- Summarize and present the results of your analysis and modeling to internal teams
- Build reusable programs and reporting infrastructure for greater efficiency in collaboration with engineers and data scientists across the company
- A background in medical information systems and clinical outcome metric development for quality reporting
- Experience developing dashboards for monitoring process and outcome metrics
- Advanced experience in SQL, R, Python
- Report generation and statistical modeling skills
- A passion for creating a healthier world
- The ability to effectively collaborate with and influence a cross-functional team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Creative and collaborative approaches to challenging problems and developing solutions
- Pride in the craft of programming
- Fundamental respect for people, with the desire to use data for social good
- A deep respect for confidentiality
- The ability to turn complicated or ill-posed problems into simple, tractable ones
- Instinctive understanding of when to use a simple approach vs. a complex solution
- An advanced degree in medical informatics, statistics, management science, operations research, economics computer science, or physical/biological sciences
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter. Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. With our growing member base of over 200,000 people with chronic conditions, your work can truly improve lives on a national scale.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.