Data Scientist III
SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a seasoned machine learning and data mining expert to join our data science team to lead algorithm development for key product initiatives for SurveyMonkey. As a data scientist at SurveyMonkey, we are equipped with rich product data ranging from text to image and video. We build cutting edge ML models to solve real customer issues. We work closely with Machine Learning engineers to ship models in production seamlessly. Therefore you will see the business impact of the models quickly. In the past, we have filed patents about our novel machine learning algorithms and productionized many AI models to help customers from survey creation to insight extraction, such as bias questions identification models to provide recommendations on rephrasing these questions, sentiment analysis models to reveal the emotions behind what respondents are thinking, and response quality models to suggest removing bad responses.
The successful candidate will play a leading role in deriving key insights from our enormous data, suggest and implement new product features, and make improvements in existing models for better user experience. He/She will work on developing machine learning algorithms and systems, and need to be capable of implementing and utilizing intelligent tools and technologies. He/She will help internal constituents to achieve extraordinary value for our customers. This role also involves technical leadership and mentorship of data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Industrial data-mining including applied techniques in data mining and machine learning, especially in the domain of natural language processing and fraud detection
- Expertise in machine learning model development, including data preprocessing, feature engineering, classification and prediction model development, and model deployment.
- Strong programming skills, expert knowledge of algorithms, and data structures (Python preferred).
- Expert knowledge of AWS, Pytorch/Tensorflow, Scikit-learn and Pandas is a must.
- Prior experience and continued interest in mentorship and technical development of junior data scientists.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, organizational, design, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of engineers.
- Confirmed ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Prior experience in partnering with business teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Developing solutions that improve business performance through advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization technologies.
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrate success in inventing innovative and user-friendly products.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or a data-driven physical science, or equivalent, plus years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in computer vision is a plus.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.