Associate Data Engineer
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
The Opportunity:In this role, you will be managing data over 100TB and BI Software services on top of it with over 100 servers for supporting our internal users to build great Data Models and services that help people make a smart decision based on our data to improve our customer booking experiences through technology.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Design, develop & contribute to the enhancements of our automation frameworks including research of new technologies and tools
- Design ETL workflow for data loading from any data sources to Hadoop via using our ETL tools such as Hadoop, SQL server, Vertica
- Design Datawarehouse Models
- Communicating with Infrastructure Teams, Hadoop Teams and BI Developers to ensure Scalability, Integrity, Security and Performance
- Always stay on latest BI Technology and always look for innovative collaboration
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer science or any related fields. New-grads are welcome!
- Experience in Coding Skills e.g. Python, Java, C#, .NET
- Knowledgeable in using SQL and Relational Database: able to write, execute and interpret queries.
- Good English communication skill
- Ready to learn fast
It's Great if you have:
- Experience in web development and framework e.g. React, Django, Flask
- Familiarity with database technology e.g. Hadoop, MSSQL, Vertica
- Have knowledge in Data warehouse and ETL
- Knowledge in development tools e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/.