Internal Audit, Data Analytics Lead
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle hundreds of billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. To further this important mission, Stripe is building a world class Internal Audit (IA) team. Our IA mission is to make the business better as it grows. We are consumed with the goal of being agile with the business, powered by technology and an accelerator to the speed of controls integration and compliance adoption.
Our IA team is responsible for providing objective feedback and insights across the company in relation to the design and effectiveness of Stripe’s business processes, its compliance with laws and regulations and its risk management framework. Unique in our purpose is a cross-functional mandate that invites viewing through a wide lens and collaborating across the business. To enable this engagement, we must build and scale in a rapid-growth, high-volume environment. We’re looking for an experienced data analytics lead who will help us ideate, create and integrate the use of data analytics across the IA lifecycle (risk assessments, audit execution, reporting, continuous auditing) and across Stripe’s risk profile. We expect our analytics outputs to be insanely insightful, tools that help our business partners drive better decision-making and achieve improved risk-taking. Our data analytics lead will be a key member of the IA team who will help us elevate the ambitions of Stripe.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development of the data analytics/audit programs in collaboration with the IA team.
- Originate enterprise risk data analytics, models and dashboards for management reporting.
- Drive the integration of data analytics into IA projects.
- Enhance reporting by incorporating relevant data profiling and visualizations.
- Identify opportunities for continuous monitoring and process automation for IA and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain continuous monitoring queries and related documentation.
- Spin up proofs of concept across multiple processes/data sets and iterate to build scalable solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and develop relationships across the company, particularly with Analytics/Data Science, Engineering, IT, Risk Operations and Finance teams.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of professional experience.
- Expertise with SQL query optimization, schema and ETL design, and data pipeline maintenance.
- Familiarity with scripting/programming for data mining and modeling (R, Python) and ETL development (Ruby, Python).
- Experience with reporting and visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
- Exquisite attention to detail.
- A passion for building unreasonably good products and for driving defining impact.
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job.
- High tolerance for rapid change and ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to simplify and share succinctly.
- Strong project management skills to multitask, thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
- Public accounting and/or start-up experience.
- Previous experience in a high volume transactional payment environment.
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile