At Talkdesk, We disruptive risk-takers don't have a traditional way of doing things and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
What are we doing?
At Talkdesk we are reimagining how people experience contact centers, helping our customers create long lasting and meaningful relations with their customers. These relations are made of individual interactions where communication is supported on the language we all learn since the first day we are born. The language that we humans learn to master over the years and use almost without thinking about it. That's how we express our thoughts, feelings and needs when we reach out to a contact center.
The capacity to make sense of the message that is being conveyed when we communicate has been reserved to humans alone, but we are building the next generation of solutions that will mimic our ability to understand language, ensuring that the customer needs are always well understood and efficiently handled. We are a growing team of curious and talented people that is focused on leveraging the power of Natural Language Processing to deliver added value to our customers whenever possible.
- Develop, deploy and maintain Big Data solutions that will ingest, process and store the necessary data to power Talkdesk’s Data Science, BI and Analytics solutions
- Design batch or streaming dataflows capable of processing large quantities of fast moving unstructured data
- Monitoring dataflows and underlying systems, promoting the necessary changes to ensure scalable, high performance solutions and assure data quality and availability
- Work closely with data scientists and the rest of Talkdesk’s engineering to deliver world class data driven solutions
- Strong understanding of distributed computing principles and with distributed systems
- Building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Spark-Streaming, Flink, Kafka Streams, Storm or similar
- Experience with Big Data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark or Samza
- Good knowledge of Big Data analytical tools, such as Hive, Impala, Presto or Drill
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with traditional RDBMS and data modeling
- Experience with Data Warehouses and related concepts. Knowledge of Redshift or other Data Warehousing solutions
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and HBase
- Knowledge of ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
- Experience with messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Nice to have / Pluses
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or a similar area
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
- Experience in securing data access through frameworks like Apache Sentry, AWS IAM, Kerberos or others
- Good understanding of Lambda and Kappa Architectures, along with their advantages and drawbacks
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks
- Management of Hadoop, Spark, Flink clusters with all included services.