Director of Artificial Intelligence – Computer Vision
New York, United States
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Director of Artificial Intelligence to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients across the country. You will bring your leadership experience in medical imaging analysis to provide technical mentorship to our Artificial Intelligence team and ensure that sound deep learning modeling, methodologies, and best practices are utilized to develop tools for automated quality assessments of radiology exams. You will partner with AI and data science team members to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve collection of pertinent imaging data. You will remain on the cutting edge of technology advancements and will have the opportunity to work with entirely unique and diverse radiology data sets, with key clinical experts in the radiological field. You will have a critical impact on the whole company by influencing our Artificial Intelligence strategy and driving efforts to improve the quality of care for millions of patients.
It is crucial that you have a PhD with a thesis and work in application of medical imaging, or machine learning methodologies.
You will be expected to:
- Lead a team of AI scientists to apply state of the art deep / machine learning techniques to medical imaging problems
- Bring technical and operational leadership to drive automated assessment of the quality of radiology diagnoses in various patient populations
- Drive operational efficiencies and influence team development to predict patient outcomes
- Proactively identify new ways to use or augment data to improve effectiveness and efficiency across all AI and data science roles and the broader company
- Identify and integrate new data sources to improve metrics and models
- Serve as a thought leader to our team in troubleshooting issues and developing analytical approaches that drive significant business value
- Implement best practices in data management, quality control processes, and maintaining code/documentation repositories
- Prioritize and communicate AI goals based on our company objectives
- Own and present findings to various stakeholders across the company, and mentor the team to grow in their presentation skills
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal Clinical, Healthcare Provider Partnerships, Operations, and Engineering teams to optimize our use of data and analytics to develop insights
- 5+ years work experience as a Scientist in Medical Imaging
- Additional 3+ years work as a senior leader and manager among a Data Science / AI team
- PhD in computer science, computer vision, electrical engineering or related field from top academic program, including a thesis project focused on Machine Learning and Image Understanding in healthcare
- Strong background in deep learning and serious understanding of state-of-the-art DL / DRL techniques. Knowledge of Uncertainty modeling, Bayesian CNN, Gaussian Processes is a plus
- Experience with deep learning based product development
- Experience configuring and executing analyses in the cloud (e.g. using AWS resources)
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience working with medical data
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better. Even while remote, you'll experience the Covera culture as we offer a host of virtual experiences including a book club, fitness club, guest speakers, dynamic Slack channels, and more!