Backend Software Engineer - Data Science Team
At Talkdesk, We disruptive risk-takers don't have a traditional way of doing things and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
Do you love APIs, databases and event-based systems? Do you crave for great challenges that will make you feel awesome once you solve them? We're looking for world-class Backend Software Engineers to join our Data Science team with amazing developers disrupting an industry.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Software Engineers in the design, development and maintenance stages of Talkdesk, bridging the gap between Science and Product.
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Engage with the Product team and other engineering teams in the cluster to help to ensure the solutions the team is building is fulfilling all the requirements
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day; see an immediate impact of your work and value you created for customers
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering area
- 5+ years experience with design and development of large-scale web applications
- Passion for producing clean, standards-compliant, secure code
- Deep understanding of the design and development of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA, API);
- DevOps/PaaS Experience (Git, CI, Heroku, AWS)
- Experience with at least one relational and non-relational databases (ex: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with JVM languages like Scala or Kotlin
- Experience scaling global web applications
- Advocate for automated testing, continuous integration and dark launches
- OO programming and TDD
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Nice to have:
- Familiar with with messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience in other languages like Elixir, Java, Python
- Experience in working with a globally distributed team
- Interest in Machine Learning / Mathematical Modeling
- Experience in the Agile development methodology/Scrum
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.