Executive Director of the Master of Science in Business Analytics Program
La Jolla, CA
UC San Diego
Executive Director of the Master of Science in Business Analytics Program
Next review date: Friday, Sep 16, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Rady School of Management’s Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is a self-supporting program that was approved by UCOP in 2015. The program admitted its first cohort of 42 students in the summer of 2016 and its most recent cohort of 92 students in the fall of 2022. The program is now offered in a Part-time (weekend) format, as well.
The Academic Coordinator III will serve as the Executive Director of MSBA, a position that requires an individual with senior level experience and a unique blend of academic expertise, familiarity with industry practice, and a broad network of industry contacts that can facilitate graduate placements and liaise with local and global companies. Preparing our students for employment in the business analytics sector requires intimate knowledge of the profession including the types of analytical skills and quantitative profile that our students must develop to become competitive in the marketplace. By bringing together academic excellence, knowledge of industry demand profiles, and industry contacts at the highest level, the Executive Director will ensure that we attract and place the very best students and further add to the program’s growing reputation.
This position will report to the Rady School of Management’s Associate Dean of Programs and coordinate activities with the Faculty Co-Directors of the MSBA program. The primary responsibilities are:
Drive long-term program success: The long-term success of the program will depend on (1) attracting top students, (2) educational excellence, (3) program administration, growth, and continuous improvement, (4) student placement, and (5) corporate and alumni engagement. The Executive Director will share responsibility for each of these success factors and work closely with staff in Graduate Admissions, the Career Management Center, Graduate Student Affairs, Marketing and Communications, Academic Personnel, and Finance as well as with faculty to ensure performance goals are met. The Executive Director will develop and refine an annual strategic plan, including KPIs and enrollment targets, with input from functional area directors (Admissions, Graduate Student Affairs, Career Management Center), faculty, alumni, and industry partners.
Student Internships and Job Placement: Securing internships and overall job placement is extremely competitive in the analytics industry. It is also a critical factor for success of the MSBA program. The program director will work closely with staff in the Career Management Center to place students into internships and permanent positions.
Program management: The position provides formal oversight to all curricular matters relating to the program. The Executive Director also partners with the Admissions, Student Affairs, and the Career Management Center, to ensure the success of the annual strategic plan, and advises on operational and administrative aspects that will enhance the Grad Program team’s ability to recruit top students, and provide an outstanding student experience. The Executive Director is expected to be continuously engaged with students throughout the program to develop the rapport required to optimally manage their program experience. Critical to this position (and for achieving students’ goals) is the development of a comprehensive strategy that prepares students for the job market and maximizes their career outcomes. The Executive Director will work closely with staff in the Career Management Center such that the strategy is effectively implemented and evaluated by formalized outcome measures.
Interface with Industry Sponsors: The success of the MSBA program will be defined to a large extent by its interaction and contacts with the growing business analytics industry. We need an individual who can leverage their professional network and seek out new connections so that MSBA students are (i) successfully matched with internships and job opportunities, and (ii) have an excellent educational experience in the Capstone course. Rady MSBA graduates have secured roles and advanced in their careers at great companies all over the world. The Executive Director will work to further build out strength in this network by engaging them in ways that help the program achieve its goals. All stakeholders want the program’s reputation to continue to improve as it increases the value of a Rady MSBA degree.
Capstone Project Supervision and Management: The Capstone Project is an essential element of the MSBA program. It is designed to prompt students to apply the knowledge and technical skills they have gained in the classroom to more complex and realistic, actual problems currently being faced by corporate partners. Management of the capstone will include scoping capstone topics for the MSBA students that are of sufficient academic rigor and industry partner interest. Supervision of the capstone will include meeting with student teams on a regular basis to monitor their progress and quality of work, and ultimately assess student performance on the project. The Executive Director will engage MSBA faculty members and lecturers for feedback on completed Capstone Projects and, based on all inputs, assign a final grade for the Capstone Projects course.
• Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
• Applicants must have a Master’s degree in a quantitative field.
• High-level administrative management experience, including planning, leadership, and analysis.
• Ability to provide educational leadership to adapt and improve a curriculum that combines strengths in analytics and business acumen.
• Commitment to supporting teaching excellence at the graduate level.
• PhD preferred.
• A network of national and international business and academic contacts.
• Ability to successfully address the educational and academic needs of a diverse student population, including developing and updating curriculum and instructional strategies for the educational advancement of students from groups who are underrepresented in higher education.
• Excellent communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize effective collaboration with a diverse community of campus and external colleagues.
• Experience with teaching and development of graduate level courses.
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
• Statement of Scholarly Activities/Research (Optional)
• Statement of Teaching (Optional)
• 3-5 required (contact information only)
Apply link: http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=237703
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Data Analyst - (Remote - US)A/B testing Data analysis EDA Engineering Looker Machine Learning Metabase +9
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Team events +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs