Data Scientist, Amazon Devices
Seattle, Washington, USA
The Amazon Devices Customer Experience Analytics Team is looking for a passionate and solution oriented Data Scientist to run analytical solutions that deepen our collective understanding of customers, influence innovation, and deliver actionable insights around customer experience from awareness to point of sale online. Amazon.com has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands insights and recommendations that are timely, accurate, and actionable. At Amazon, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data environments.
The ideal candidate will:
- Build scalable solutions/self-serve platforms that diagnose historical customer behavior and predict future possibilities
- Investigate data sources across Amazon and expand existing feature set for modeling and exploration
. Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape online customer engagement and sales.
· Develop a thorough understanding of customer behavior, product trends, and business drivers to inform decision making
· Analyze key insight trends and build models that predict customer behavior, using statistical rigor to simplify and provide thought leadership to device product and marketing groups
· Collaborate with finance and product management as a leader of ongoing analytical support
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· A passion for improving customer experience
· Bachelor or Master's degree in highly quantitative field (CS, machine learning, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent experience.
· Experience with R and Python
· Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· Masters with 3+ years of experience
Preferred Qualifications- Experience in predictive modeling/statistics/econometrics
- Demonstrated experience delivering actionable insight for a consumer business
- Experience with Big Data solutions in the AWS Stack (Sage Maker, Redshift, EMR)
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Job tags: AWS Big Data Finance Machine Learning Marketing Matlab Python R Redshift SQL