Staff/Principal Data Scientist, Ads Machine Learning
Remote - United States
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Staff or Principal level Machine Learning Data Scientist to lead the Ads Quality team. You will work closely with engineers and product owners from our Ads team to 1) set up the vision and product strategy of ads quality and relevance, 2) optimize ads delivery and auction systems through utility function design, 3) measure various marketplace tradeoffs. This person is an industry leader in the online ads marketplace optimization domain with a solid technical background, strong business acumen, and excellent cross-functional stakeholders management skills.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
- Research, design and develop contextual ad relevance models. Reddit ads are a combination of text, image, user and ad engagement attributes. You will use modern deep learning techniques to combine those signals to measure ad quality.
- You will design metrics and mechanisms to understand different tradeoffs between user engagement and ad quality. You will develop algorithms that would optimize both ad quality and ad delivery.
- Be involved in all phases of modeling such as ideation, offline modeling, online implementation, experimentation, deploy and post-launch monitoring/measurements.
- This role will have a lot of overlap with other Machine Learning Engineer roles, but will differ in a couple of areas. First is that you will work mainly on offline modeling and rely on engineers to productionize your models. Secondly, you will have a keen interest in the collection and quality of underlying data (experiment design and analysis, data deep dive), along with working on ETLs and data aggregations needed for training, testing and productionizing models.
- Serve as a thought-partner for product managers, engineering managers and leadership in shaping the monetization roadmap and strategy for Reddit by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Industry leader in online advertising with a focus on ads marketplace
- 8+ years of experience (for Bachelor’s/Master’s); 6+ years of experience (for Phd) in quantitative/modeling roles
- Proficiency in machine learning, statistical modeling, and optimization
- Understanding of experimentation and causal inference analyses
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Familiarity with at least one of the Deep Learning platforms (e.g. Pytorch, Tensorflow)
- Computer vision experience strongly preferred
- Strong skills in SQL and programming (Python or R)
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Data ScientistBanking BigQuery Crypto Data Analytics ETL Informatica KPIs +13
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Scikit-learn-related jobs