Machine Learning Scientist - Knowledge Graphs
Redwood City, CA // Chicago, IL /// New York, NY
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The ideal candidate has significant expertise in the Natural Language Processing (Knowledge Graphs) and biomedical domain, and is eager to apply his or her skills to improve patient outcomes.
What You Will Do:
- Design and prototype novel Knowledge Graph-based and Deep Learning Natural Language systems.
- End-to-end large scale machine learning model integration.
- Collaborate with product, science, engineering, and business development teams to build the most advanced data solutions in precision medicine.
- Interrogate analytical results for robustness, validity, and out of sample stability.
- Document, summarize, and present your findings to a group of peers and stakeholders.
- MS/PhD in a quantitative or computational field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning or related field and 2+ (for PhD) or 5+ (for MS) years of industry/academic experience in prototyping and building Knowledge Graphs.
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning as applied to Knowledge Graphs.
- Solid familiarity with Graph Machine Learning methods particularly Graph Embeddings and Graph Neural Networks.
- Proficient in Graph database development.
- Proficient in Python and SQL.
- Proficiency in machine learning frameworks like scikit-learn and deep learning frameworks like Pytorch, Tensorflow, or Keras.
- Experience with large scale machine learning models and systems.
- Strong programming skills, familiarity with software development cycles, solid understanding of software concepts - data structures and algorithms.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and willing to shift priorities seamlessly.
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to diverse audiences.
- Team player mindset and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Goal orientation, self motivation, and drive to make a positive impact in healthcare.
- Extensive experience with ontologies.
- Experience with temporal knowledge graphs.
- Good understanding of Natural Language Processing.
- Publications in ICML, ICLR, NeurIPS, SIGIR, KDD or equivalent.
- Biomedical domain expertise.