AtlassianMillions of users globally rely on Atlassian products every day for improving software development, project management, collaboration, and code quality.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering Team and build world-class data solutions and applications that power crucial business decisions throughout the organization. We are looking for an open-minded, structured thinker who is passionate about building systems at scale. You will enable a world-class engineering practice, drive the approach with which we use data, develop backend systems and data models to serve the needs of insights, and play an active role in building Atlassian’s data-driven culture. You love thinking about the ways the business can consume data and then figuring out how to build it.
On a typical day, you may be consulted on the Information Architecture of our Data Lake and help design and/or optimize the event collection infrastructure. You will be working with different stakeholders to understand the business needs and architect/build the data models, data acquisition/ingestion processes and data applications that can help address business needs. You have got industry experience working with large scale, high-performance data processing systems (batch and/or streaming) with a “Streaming First” mindset to drive Atlassian’s business growth and improve the product experience. Constantly striving to optimize the data pipelines/infrastructure with the goal of providing data with quality and trust. As the data domain expert, you will be partnering with our Technology Team, Global Analytical Team, and Data Scientists across various initiatives.
You'll own a problem end-to-end, so those skills will come in handy not just to collect, extract, and clean the data, but also to understand the systems that generated it, and automate your analyses and reporting. On an ongoing basis, you'll be responsible for improving the data by adding new sources, coding business rules, and producing new metrics that support the business. Requirements will be vague, and Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risks. Industry professional with a mindset of continued development of data products & digital innovation to meet evolving stakeholder/customer needs in months and years to come.
More about youAs a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your strong technical experience to building analytics data models that support a broad range of analytical requirements across the company. You will work with extended teams to evolve solutions continuously as business processes and requirements change. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and you are able to take vague requirements and transform them into solid solutions. You are motivated by solving challenging problems, where creativity is as crucial as your ability to write code.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience with 3+ years professional experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- Strong programming skills using Python & Java (Java is good to have).
- Experience in designing data models for optimal storage and retrieval to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Experience building scalable data pipelines using PySpark, SQL leveraging Airflow scheduler/executor framework, or similar scheduling tools.
- Experience working in a technical environment with cutting-edge technologies like AWS data services (Redshift, Athena, EMR) or similar Apache projects
- Understanding of Data Engineering tools/frameworks and standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for Data Engineers across the team.
- You’re well versed in modern software development practices (Agile, TDD, CICD) and how they can apply to data engineering.
- Improve data quality by using & improving internal tools/frameworks to automatically detect DQ issues.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL).
We’d be super excited if you have:
- Experience with ML engineering.
- Followed a Kappa architecture with any of your previous deployments
- Experience working with SaaS companies.
- Domain knowledge of Order Management, Entitlement, Billing, Financial, and People systems.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Data EngineerComputer Science Data Warehousing Engineering ETL NumPy Power BI Python +4
Career development Flex vacation Health care Pet friendly Startup environment +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs