Senior Data Analyst
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Looker, both as a development platform and visualization tool;
- Work closely with business users, product analysts, data scientists and the rest of Talkdesk’s engineering to deliver world class data driven solutions;
- Collaborate with engineering to design and develop scalable ETL pipelines
- Transform data into actionable insights;
- Build dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of metrics;
- Build and maintain clean data models.
- Analytical mindset, being able to drive insights to answer business questions with data and visualizations;
- Strong knowledge of SQL;
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or R;
- Experience creating and managing data warehouses, as well as the ETL/ELT work flow;
- Experience working with Engineering on ETL pipelines;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Nice to have / Pluses:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or a similar area;
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum;
- Familiarity with Big Data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark or Samza;
- Knowledge of Big Data analytical tools, such as Hive, Impala, Presto or Drill;
- Familiarity with messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ;
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Data visualization tools: Looker, Tableau, Power BI;